On this page personal injury attorneys can learn more about California dog bite expert, Dr. Richard
Attorneys interested in retaining the services of Dr. Polsky should telephone his office to check for conflicts. If there is no conflict, Dr. Polsky will be happy to talk you about your case and let you know whether his services could be of assistance.
The qualifications of Dr. Polsky include:
- PhD in animal behavior;
- Published in peer-reviewed journals;
- Certification obtained through an appropriate professional organization;
- 30+ yrs hands-on experience working with dogs & owners;
- Retained by criminal & civil attorneys on over 300+ occasions;
- Trial tested – 50 + courtroom appearances
Issues addressed include police dog behavior, particularly as relates to attacks on innocent bystanders. Other issues include typical questions raised in personal injury lawsuits: namely, provocation, negligence, temperamental analysis of canine aggression, assumption of risk by the plaintiff, what a property owner should have known about a dog’s dangerous propensities, and breed specific behavioral tendencies.
Dr. Polsky’s opinion on dog inspections
A frequently asked question raised by many attorneys during initial contact is whether dog inspections are necessary. Some dog bite experts feel they are essential but Dr. Polsky takes a more reserved position.
The bottom line is that they should be done as long as the dog is alive and the opposing counsel cooperative in allowing the inspection. Nonetheless, dog inspections are not necessary in all cases. The need for inspection should be determined on a case-by-case basis. Often is difficult to re-create the situation that occurred when a dog bite happened in order to determine if the dog had the tendency to engage is a specific behavior that caused injury to the plaintiff. For example, this happens when two dogs engage in fighting and the plaintiff who is nearby is bitten. In cases like this circumstantial evidence will probably suffice.
Related information about the qualifications and background Dr. Polsky can be found on the links listed below:
- Fee schedule
- Why retain Dr. Polsky?
- Dr. Polsky’s dog bite cases
- Newspaper stories about Dr. Polsky
- Victims: Tell Dr. Polsky how you were attacked
- Video testimony of Dr. Polsky
- Dr. Polsky’s dog bite articles
- Q & A about dog bite expert witnesss testimony
- Canadian attorneys