Richard Polsky, Ph.D. is a dog expert witness was been retained by attorneys in dog bite litigation on over 300 occasions. He welcomes inquiries from attorneys in Idaho.
Summary of Qualifications
- Ph.D. in animal behavior, University of Leicester
6 yrs. postdoctoral fellow in animal behavior at the University of Birmingham (England) and at the University of California at Los Angeles
- Well-published in peer-reviewed journals
30+ yrs. private practice as an animal behaviorist in Los Angeles, CA.
- Certification: International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
- 25+ years serving attorneys as an expert witness in both criminal & civil matters
Assignments in civil cases
- The number of occasions retained as an animal behavior expert witness in civil matters: Over 300.
- The number of occasions retained as a cat behavior expert in civil matters: Approx. 7.
- The number of occasions retained as a dog behavior expert in criminal matters: Approx. 20.
- The division between work for Plaintiff vs. Defense: 50% plaintiff, 50% defense
- Number of times testifying in Deposition: Over 75
- The number of times testifying at trial: Approx. 50.
- Counties in California where deposition or trial testimony has been given (partial listing): Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, Orange, Ventura, Kern, Santa Barbara, San Bernardino, Alameda, Fresno, Merced, Sacramento, San Mateo, Tuolumne.
- States outside California where deposition or trial testimony has been given: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Texas, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Virginia, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Kansas, Washington, Idaho, British Columbia, and Ontario Canada.
Canine forensics in criminal matters (partial listing)
- 1999. State of California v. Carter. Case # KA 044228. Pomona Division, Los Angeles Superior Court
- 1999. State of California v. Corral. Case # PA 029842. San Fernando Division, Los Angeles Superior Court
- 2000. State of South Carolina v. Speagle. Case # F-945152. Fairfield County, South Carolina
- 2000. State of California v. Graham. Case # SA 038179 Los Angeles Division, Los Angeles Superior Court
- 2000. State of California v. Gomez Case # KA 046685 Pomona Division, Los Angeles Superior Court
- 2000. State of California v. Bates. Case # BA 205430 Los Angeles Division, Los Angeles Superior Court
- 2001. People v. Robert Noel. Case # SCN 181813-2. Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco
- 2008. People v. Moody. Orange County Superior Court (CA), Westminister Division.
- 2019 People v. Geiger. San Luis Obispo County, San Luis Obispo, CA.
- 2020 People v. Almond. San Luis Obispo County, San Luis Obispo CA.
Assignments and K-9 litigation
- The number of occasions retained by plaintiff counsel: Approx. 12
- The number of occasions retained by defense counsel: 1
- The number of occasions qualified in court as an expert on police dog behavior: 5 (approx)
Attorneys, please contact Dr. Polsky using the contact form on this website.