Dr. Polsky is an exceptionally well-qualified dog bite expert witness. He has over 30 years of experience working companion dogs, a doctoral degree in animal behavior, well-published in peer-reviewed journals and extensive experience of testifying in court as a dog bite expert. These unique qualifications set Dr. Polsky apart from all other self-proclaimed, self-titled animal behavior experts.
Dog bite attorneys have retained Dr. Polsky on numerous occasions. Most importantly, he has helped hundreds of attorneys gain favorable outcomes for their clients. Read about the testimonials and feedback Dr. Polsky has received from attorneys.
Dr. Polsky earned a Ph.D. in animal behavior from the University of Leicester. This was followed by seven years of postdoctoral research in animal behavior at the University of Birmingham in England and later at the University of California at Los Angeles.
Dr. Polsky has personally trained and applied behavior modification to thousands of canines and felines in his clinical practice in Los Angeles, California. These include hundreds of Rottweilers, pit bulls, German shepherds, Cane Corsos, Bullmastiffs and mixed-breed dogs. Dr. Polsky is an outspoken critic of breed specific legislation.
An evidence-based scientific approach is emphasized. The findings from animal behavior science are used to form an expert opinion about human-animal interaction, provocation, negligence, foreseeability, dog bite safety and all aspects of canine behavior.
Assignments for Dr. Polsky as a Dog Expert Witness
Consultation, documentation review, report writing, declarations to oppose summary judgment and testimony are examples of the dog expert witness services provided. Issues addressed include punitive damages, provocation, negligence, the evaluation of aggressive canines and how these issues apply to dog bite law. Read about the typical questions addressed by the animal behavior expert witness in dog bite lawsuits. Dr. Polsky’s bio can be found here. Dr. Polsky ￼will accept assignments throughout the USA.
About This Website
Dogexpert.com is the internet’s most comprehensive website on animal behavior & dog bite law. Dog bite news specific to Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas, Washington and Florida. A website of resources for attorneys and dog bite victims. This website shares Dr. Polsky’s opinions about how the science of animal behavior interfaces with dog bite law. Dog bite victims are invited to complete the Dog Bite Injury Questionnaire. Visit the Blog. Connect on social media. Use the search function or Sitemap to find relevant content. Thanks for visiting!
Dr. Polsky’s recommendations: Learn more about the job of the expert witness: Links about expert witnesses & animal behavior science
- Wikipedia provides great insights into describing the services of an expert witness, the roles, and duties of an expert witness.
- Looking for a definition of an expert witness? Visit this online dictionary.
- Commentary from the American Bar Association about when an expert witness can rely on hearsay.
- One of the many online directories listing expert witnesses in different fields.
- Rule 702. Testimony by Expert Witnesses from Cornell University Law School
- When Should Attorneys Hire Expert Witnesses? A short but concise article from the website of FindLaw.
- Expert witness testimony: the ethics of being a medical expert witness. A peer-reviewed paper in a highly regarded medical journal.
- Tips for attorneys on how to qualify an expert witness from the popular legal website HG.org
- Suggestions on how to cross-examine an expert witness from the American Bar Association.
- Animal Behavior is a top-rated scientific journal that publishes scientific studies on many different species, including dogs.
- Overview of the science of dog behavior from Wikipedia.
- Blog from website directory listing of experts in a wide range of specialties. Summaries of appellate rulings pertaining to the admissibility of expert witness testimony makes this site useful for both attorneys and experts alike.