Dog Bite Expert Witness
Richard Polsky, Ph.D., is available for expert witness assignments regarding personal injury caused by dogs and cats. Dr. Polsky will review discovery, prepare declarations and reports, and examine the dog and attack location for the purposes of rendering animal behavior expert opinion. Expertise in the analysis and behavioral reconstruction of pit bull, German shepherd, mastiff, Rottweiler and police canine dog bite attacks. Dr. Polsky has testified frequently about recurring issues in dog bite law suits: provocation, negligence by homeowners and animal care professionals, premises liability, foreseeability, dangerous and vicious propensities, dog bite prevention, assumption of risk, temperament evaluation, identification of dog bite wounds, breed identification, punitive damages, handling and control of aggressive dogs. Criminal and civil. Plaintiff or defense. Available for legal consultation and testimony in the USA and Canada. Over 30 years experience as an animal behavior expert. Retained by attorneys on over 300 occasions in dog bite litigation.
Typical dog bite lawsuit questions include:
Animal behavior, legal & epidemiological abstracts
Recent Verdicts & Settlements
- $222,000 awarded to Lodi,CA. man as a result of “accidental” police dog attack
- $1 million settlement in Flordia against property owner & property management company
- $982,000 verdict against landlord for negligence in dog knock-down case
- 1.5 million awarded in New Jersey for pit bull attack
- $325,000 settlement for pit bull attack: 7-year-old boy in Santa Monica, California.
- Rottweiler attack in Pennsylvania on four-year-old child settles for $130,000.