- Florida man attacked by pet monkey in Okeechobee. Aggressive attacks on humans by animals other than dogs are usually not the kind of material reviewed on Dogexpert.com. However, the circumstances surrounding this rather unusual instance about an animal attacking a human warrants inclusion on this website. More
- 89-year-old lady seriously injured in pitbull attack in Geneva, Seminole County, Florida. An 89-year-old lady in Geneva, Seminole County was working in her backyard in May, 2013 when she was was attacked by her neighbor’s pit bull who jumped the fence separating the properties. More
- Florida dog bite statistics, 2012. New statistics released by State Farm Insurance Company shows that the company paid more than $7 million in dog bite claims to victims in 2012. According to State Farm, Florida ranked eighth in the nation for payouts for claims.
- Jury renders $1.26 million dollar verdict in Florida dog bite case. The victim’s left foot was mauled by an Akita at a dog show in Melbourne, Florida in 2008. The dog had a history of aggressive behavior towards people, and a fetish for attacking feet. more
- Fatal dog bite attack by Rottweiler on toddler in Jacksonville. A toddler was killed in March 2013 after wandering into the front yard of a neighbor whose Rottweiler was chained to a pole. This dog bite fatality happened as the mother was unloading groceries from her car. more
- $1 million dog bite settlement in Flordia pit bull attack on meter reader.
- Labrador retriever viciously attacks eight-year-old girl in face in Florida.
- Florida dog bite statistics
- Deadly dog attack in Miami-Dade County, August, 2014, after four-year-old toddler wanders into backyard containing six dogs
- Statistics & factors affecting risk for dog bite injury in Florida
Animal behavior dog bite expert witness, Richard Polsky, PhD, has successfully served Florida attorneys in both criminal and civil matters. He is available for consultation in cases that require animal behavior expert opinion.