- City of Santa Monica, California settles dog bite case for $325,000. An attack by a pit bull named monster on a seven-year-old boy resulted in a $325,000 settlement between the city and the plaintiffs in this case. Santa Monica city formally had a regulation stating that all pit bulls needed to be muzzled when taken into public, but this ordinance was not applicable the time of the attack because of a California ruling stating that regulations controlling dogs in the state could not be breed-specific. Read more
- Dog bite statistics for San Diego California, 2011-2012. Dog bite statistics between July 01, 2011-June 30, 2012 for San Diego County indicate that there were nearly 3000 reported dog bites on humans. Pit bull type dogs were involved in approximately 13.5% of these dog bite attacks. Read more
- $982,000 verdict against landlord for negligence in dog knock-down case. A jury in Los Angeles awarded a postal worker nearly $1 million as a result of being attacked by a German Shepherd. The landlord was negligent because of the broken latch on the gate. Read more
- Murder charges filed against a 32-year-old man in connection with a fatal dog attack in, Little Rock, California. A 32-year-old man was arrested and charged with second-degree murder in connection with the May 8, 2013 fatal dog attack on 63 year old Pamela Devitt in Little Rock, California. Devitt was mauled to death by four pit bull terriers during a morning walk near her home. Read more
- How does animal behavior expert opinion applied to dog bite law in California and Arizona? California and Arizona have strict liability laws for dog bites. Attorneys would benefit from an understanding of how animal behavior expert opinion might be used to support or reject strict liability dog bite law. Successful recovery for the plaintiff may be contingent on establishing one or more of the following …. Read more
- Why the high frequency of fatal dog attacks in Southern California? First, large sections consist of desert-like conditions in which packs of dogs are frequently found roaming. In many parts of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties … Read more
More dog bite news from California
- Can a Pomeranian inflict a fatal dog bite?
- Siberian husky dog bite to 10 y.o. at school bus stop in California
- Reconstruction of a German Shepherd dog bite attack
- Provocation by a intoxicated lady in a dog bite lawsuit in San Diego?
- Excessive force police dog bite lawsuit settles for $145,000
- San Francisco dog bite statistics
- Dog Whisperer sued for negligence in dog bite attack in California
- California dog bites fatalities update, 2015
- Retired police K-9 viciously attacked good Samaritan in California
- Pit bulls seized from fighting rings in California not necessarily vicious
- Expert advice for dangerous dog hearing for Akita in Los Angeles
- Dog bite info and statistics for Lake County, California
- How does animal behavior expert opinion apply to dog bite law in California & Arizona?
California dog bite expert, Richard Polsky, PhD welcomes inquiries from California attorneys involved in dog bite litigation. Dr. Polsky provides expert witness services nationwide. He has successfully served personal injury attorneys in Arizona, Washington,Texas, Oregon, Nevada, and New Mexico.